About Hollard Insurance Ghana
Who We Are
Hollard Ghana combines its deep local knowledge of the market with the world-class expertise of an international insurance brand. With our headquarters in South Africa but our feet firmly planted on Ghanian soil, we’re able to deliver innovative insurance solutions that are customised to the unique risks you face.
Starting out in Ghana as Madison Insurance in 1993, we were recapitalised and renamed Metropolitan Insurance Company Limited (MET) in 1997. In 2006, we took the decision to move our focus away from life insurance to other personal and commercial insurance products. In 2015, the Hollard Group acquired a majority shareholding in the company. Today, we have offices in Tema, Kumasi, Takoradi, and Tamale.
Our network of 24 Hollard2U customer service centres are run by our Relationship Managers, and we have 40 fulltime sales executives working across Ghana. We’re a member of the Ghana Insurers Association (GIA), West Africa Insurance Companies Association (WAICA), and the African Insurance Organization (AIO).
Founded in 1980, Hollard has for 34 years been pioneering insurance through innovative problem solving and firm collaborations. We’ve set trends and revolutionised the industry and today, our turnover exceeds R15.1 billion and we have assets in excess of R27.4 billion. Following the recent acquisition of Etana Insurance, a leading commercial and corporate specialist insurer, Hollard is now one of the largest short-term insurers in South Africa.
The Hollard Group has a Level 4 rating in terms of the latest DTI Codes of Good Practice under the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) Act. For us as a company, BBBEE is much more than a regulatory requirement: it’s a fundamental practice by which South African businesses can progress, develop and become more inclusive.
Hollard has a global outlook and ambition and has already established a presence in the SADC region (Namibia, Mozambique, Zambia and Botswana), Ghana, China, India, Pakistan, Australia and the United Kingdom – with much more to come.
Bancassurance is the distribution of insurance products, using a bank as a channel. This makes it more convenient for you, because you’re able to get all the benefits of both banking and insurance products, all in one place. You also get more value because you’re getting higher quality products, often at a reduced price
Board of Directors
- Sir S. E. Jonah (Chairman) – Board Chairman
- Mrs. Lynda Odro (CEO) – Chief Executive Officer
- Mr. Dale Sutton-Pryce – Member
- Mr. Brooks Mparusta – Memeber
- Mr. Daniel W. K. Addo – Member
Hollard Ghana Exco
- Mrs. Lynda Odro, Chief Executive Officer
- Mr. Reese Mensah-Daniels, Head: Regional Operations
- Vanessa Ferguson, General Manager: Retail Markets
- Mr. Daniel Addo, General Manager: Operations
- Mr. Franklin Beechem, Head: Finance and Account
- Mrs. Iris Logan, Head: Claims
- Mrs. Maame Efua Sackitey-Williams, Head: Broker Markets
- Mr. George K. Panford, Head: People
- Mr. Frederick O. Lamptey, General Manager: Business Development