Skip to content
About UDS school Of Business And Law
UDS is unique compared to other public Universities in the following ways:
- Its location, Northern Ghana, which is the poorest part of Ghana.
- Its Multi campus nature, that is, the campuses are spread out in rural Northern Ghana where the incidence and depth of poverty is high.
- Its vision is pro-poor aimed at addressing the conditions and structural causes of poverty.
- The third Trimester Field Practical Programme ran by the University as integral part of the curriculum ensures that both students and staff work closely with disadvantaged marginalized and hard to reach people in the communities with a focus on poverty reduction.
- It has an innovative admission policy geared towards solving gender unbalance and general inequity of access to tertiary education
- The curriculum and pedagogical style are structured in a manner that provide students with the requisite academic and practical knowledge, tools and skills to effectively deal with development and poverty-related issues at the grassroots level.