Accra Institute of Technology AIT Entry Requirements
What are the Admission Requirements for the various programs?
This depends on the certificate you are using to apply. There are several certificates accepted at AIT to enroll on our degree programs
- The commonest are SSSCE and WASSCE. For any Bachelors Degree program in Information Technology or Business Administration, applicants are expected to have minimum credit passes in English Language and Mathematics (minimum D for SSSCE or C6 for WASSCE applicants) in addition to minimum credit passes in three elective subjects.
Also, applicants must have obtained minimum credit passes in Integrated Science for Ghanaian applicants.
- For other applicants outside Ghana; especially from Nigeria, besides the English and Mathematics, applicants should have also obtained minimum credit passes in four other elective subjects.
- Applicants seeking admission into any engineering and computer science program at AIT should have in addition to the above obtained minimum credit passes in Physics and Elective/Further Mathematics.
- Besides SSSCE and WASSCE, other certificates like City and Guilds, Technician Part I, II, and III, FTC, NVTI, etc are considered.
- HND holders with minimum 2nd Class Lower in the relevant area of steady can be considered for a top up at L300.
- Applicants who are 25 years and above at the time of applying can admitted as matured students after an entry exams. Such applicants should have passed English Language and Mathematics before qualifying to sit for the mature entrance exams.