Actuarial Science Scholarships
Actuarial Science Scholarships: The Kenya Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA), a state corporation with mandate to supervise, regulate and develop the insurance industry in Kenya offers scholarships to Kenyans interested in pursuing Actuarial Science courses at the Cass Business School, United Kingdom.
The scholarships cater for tuition, travel, accommodation and any other incidental expenses.
1. Scholarships for Bachelor of Actuarial Science
Eligible candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Should have scored a mean grade of A in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with an A grade in Mathematics and English
- Should have completed secondary education in the last 3 years.2. Scholarship for Master of Science Degree in Actuarial Management/ ScienceEligible candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Should have obtained Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science (First Class Honours) or an equivalent Actuarial Science qualification.
- Should have graduated not more than five years ago.
- Should have made significant progress towards becoming Associate Members of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (Minimum 5 professional papers).
Preliminary application forms are available and can be downloaded from the IRA website i.e. www.ira.go.ke – see links below to download the form.
Completed application forms together with copies of identification, result slips/ transcripts, academic certificate, birth certificate and school leaving certificate should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Insurance Regulatory Authority,
Application Deadline: March 18
For More information and scholarship application, see: Actuarial Science Scholarships & Scholarships Application Forms