Acumen Fund Fellows Program
Acumen Fund Fellows Program: The Acumen East Africa Fellows Program is a one-year, fully-funded leadership development program that gives 20 individuals from across East Africa the training they need to accelerate their social impact and leadership potential.
Acumen Fellows come from diverse cultural, geographic, and socioeconomic backgrounds and share a commitment to ending poverty in their communities.
Fellows remain in their jobs over the year and meet for five week-long seminars where they receive world-class financial and operational skills training.
Through the program, Fellows build strong networks of social change leaders within their cohort and Acumen’s global community.
Fellows spend one year working with the Acumen’s team and with local entrepreneurs, gaining intensive experience in price performance, logistics, distribution systems, scaling and innovative technology.
Fellows will learn and apply these skills while enjoying an unusual level of responsibility both at Acumen Fund and within their portfolio organizations.
Becoming an acumen fund fellow
Acumen fund fellows include:
- individuals who have already decided on a career in social ventures
- individuals who seek a career at the highest levels in the corporate world but want to
- be connected to ventures that make a difference on the problems of poverty
- future entrepreneurs who want to learn about entrepreneurship in the most demanding setting Acumen fund seeks individuals with graduate degrees or equivalent work experience, as well as:
- demonstrated ability to engage with and add value to an unfamiliar business
- passion for applying business skills to effect social change
- project management experience
- evidence of entrepreneurialism
- proven ability to adapt to different cultures or new environments
For more information and application materials, contact: Acumen Fund Fellows Program – Acumen East Africa Fellows Program