African Guest Researchers Scholarship Programme
African Guest Researchers Scholarship Programme: This scholarship programme is directed at scholars in Africa, engaged in research on the African continent. Female researchers are especially encouraged to apply for these scholarships.
Applications are invited from scholars preferably with research projects related to the following current research themes at the Institute:
- Cultural Images in and of Africa
- Global Trade and Regional Integration: African Economies, Producers and Living Conditions
- Post-Conflict Transition, the State and Civil Society in Africa
- Political Economies of Displacement in Southern AfricaApplicants are requested to identify which research theme they want to be attached to.The Guest Researcher’s scholarship includes a return air-fare (Economy Class), accommodation, a subsistence allowance of SEK (Swedish kronor) 250 (approx. USD 30) a day (maximum SEK 25,000 for 90 days) plus an installation grant of SEK 2,500 (approx. USD 300), a shared office and free photocopying facilities up to a maximum of 1,000 copies.Guest Researchers have access to a computer/MS Word at the office and have to do their own typing.
The maximum duration of the stay is 90 days. If the Guest Researcher spends less than 90 days at the Institute, the scholarship of SEK 25,000 is reduced proportionally.
To be entitled to the travel costs, the Guest Researcher has to stay for at least two months.
• a complete application form (pdf)
• an up-to-date curriculum vitæ
• a well elaborated research proposal outlining the main features of the research topic pursued during the period in Uppsala
• copies of and/or references to the applicant’s writings
• a letter of support from his/her Head of Department or other senior scholar in the same field.
Applications must reach the Institute by 1 April.
For further information, please contact Nina Klinge-Nygård, (nina.klinge-nygard [at] nai.uu.se), phone +46 18 56 22 34.
For further details, and application materials, contact: African Guest Researchers Scholarship Programme