African Women Public Service Fellowship
African Women Public Service Fellowship; Wagner announces a call for applications for the African Women Fellowships, a fellowship program made possible by a donation from the Oprah Winfrey Foundation, which expands the opportunity for African women to prepare for public service in their home countries.
African Women Fellowships – Host Institution(s): NYU Wagner, USA.
African Women Fellowships: Fields of study
As fellows at NYU Wagner, African women study in one of two graduate programs: the two-year Master of Public Administration or the one-year Executive MPA: Concentration on International Public Service Organizations.
Target group: African Women
African Women Fellowships: Scholarship value/inclusions
The awards for either program will support tuition, housing, travel to and from the United States and a small stipend to cover books and miscellaneous expenses.
African Women Fellowships: Fellowship Application Eligibility Criteria
- Be citizens and resident in an African country at the time of application.
- NYU Wagner’s admissions committee pays particular attention to applications from women who possess strong academic records;
- Who have a demonstrated commitment to public service;
- For whom a Wagner education would significantly enhance their ability to have a deep and lasting impact on public service issues in their home country and region.
- Applicants commit to return to their respective home countries at the conclusion of the program with the goal of assuming a leadership position on the continent where they can meaningfully contribute to the challenges currently confronting Africa.African Women Fellowships: Application Instructions
- There are not special forms or applications to fill out to be considered for the African Women Public Service Fellowship.
- You will automatically be considered for all scholarships, including the African Women Public Service Fellowship.
For more information and women fellowships application, see; African Women Public Service Fellowship Website