AIT Business School Masters Programs
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The objectives of the Master of Business Administration are to:
1. Enhance your managerial competences and add value on current managerial knowledge
2. Sharpen your analytical and conceptual skills, and
3. Improve your employability and managerial career development.
In the hyper-competitive business environment coupled with rapid changes in the socio economic and political scenario and fast technological developments, business organizations survival kit is to ensure that it has creative and innovative people who are dedicated and committed towards excellence.
‘Le Prix d’Excellence’ implies that you need a pool of talented personnel with the cutting edge knowledge and competences to cope with the pressing demands of managerial work.
The OUM MBA provides you the opportunity to enhance your managerial skills and competences without sacrificing your professional and career development.
The MBA programme is designed to enhance the managerial skills and capability in managing organizations efficiently and effectively.
Master of Management
The objectives of the Master of Management are to:
1. Identify and develop critical success factors of successfully managed excellent organizations.
2. Integrate your managerial knowledge to manage your organizations more efficiently and effectively.
3. Develop your analytical and decision-making skills in your professional development.
In the highly competitive business environment, business organizations need people with managerial talents and skills to better manage their organizations more efficiently and effectively.
Managerial competences are prerequisites of successful and excellent organizations today in the knowledge based economy of the information millennium.
The OUM Master of Management programme is designed to provide you with highly commendable managerial skills and competences to enhance your managerial career and professional development.
MSc in Business Administration (Research Only)
The objectives of MSc in Business Administration (Research Only) is: to provide postgraduate education and prepare individuals for a lifelong career in critical areas of Business Administration and management related decision making in the public or private sectors.The main objective of MSc in Business Administration (Research Only) program is to attract outstanding individuals to pursue research of the highest standard, with relevance to the field of Business Administration and management.
This is a research-based program. Candidates will be required to conduct research work and submit a thesis for internal and external examination.
Part II Research After completing the required courses (PART I), candidates will begin their research and thesis work (PART II) under the guidance of a supervisor.Each student will meet the assigned supervisor at least 4 times in a semester and achieve satisfactory progress in the research/thesis work, before being allowed to register in the subsequent semester.Area of specialization in research/thesis are as follows:
Management (Human Resource, Organizational Behaviour, Strategy, Ethics, etc)
Marketing (Service, Consumer Behaviour, Strategy, etc)
Finance (Investment, Banking, Portfolio Management, etc)
Economics (Industrial Economics, Development, etc)
Part III – Thesis Examination When the student has completed the thesis and is ready for examination, an examining committee consisting of one internal examiner and one external examiner will be appointed to assess the thesis. The student will be examined in the Viva Voce session.
Master of Project Management
Master in Project Management program helps students develop the ability to solve real-world management problems, and to exercise sound management judgment through practical application of project management concepts and skills.
The program objectives are:
1. enabling students to develop and communicate project financial and performance objectives
2. providing students with the skills needed to accurately plan project task, budget and resource requirements
3. preparing students to effectively monitor, control and report project costs, schedules and quality/performance levels needed to meet targeted milestones and required levels of earned value
4. equipping students with effective leadership skills for promoting a positive environment that will help motivate team members and resolve conflicts
Master in Human Resource Management
The objectives of the Master in Human Resource Management are to:
1. To develop an understanding of theory and practice in the overall human resource management areas;
2. To help students prepare effectively, through broadening their knowledge, skills and ability for a career as human resource specialists;
3. To inculcate a sense of appreciation for innovative thinking in human resource management areas, particularly in understanding organizational theory and its application to organizational development;
4. To develop the ability to sensibly solve employees and organizational issues; and
5. To provide a reliable basis for further professional or educational enhancement in the future.
Placing the right people in the right job is the most important role of human resource management. To carry out this task, the human resource management itself must be staffed with the right people in the first place. This is a requirement that a human resource department should fulfill if it wants to recruit people with the right skills. Today, employees are looked upon as assets who can help to achieve organizational goals. Therefore, trained and qualified human resource professionals should and would have an edge in the job market.
The MHRM programme in OUM provides Graduate Students with the opportunity to enhance their skills and knowledge in human resource management and to manage people in organization effectively.