Amelia Earhart Fellowship Program
Amelia Earhart Fellowship Program: Women of any nationality are eligible for the Amelia Earhart Fellowship Program.
Defense-related and post-doctoral research programs are not eligible.
To apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be registered in an accredited PhD/doctoral program in a qualifying area of science or engineering closely related to advanced studies in aerospace-related science or aerospace-related engineering.
- A letter of acceptance or verification of enrollment must be submitted with the application.
- Demonstrate a superior academic record at a recognized university or college with accredited courses in aerospace-related studies as verified by transcripts and recommendations.
- Provide evidence of a well-defined research program in aerospace-related science or aerospace-related engineering as described in the application essay, research and publications.
- Clearly demonstrate the relationship of the research to aerospace and furnish verification of her research program through at least one of the reference letters required with the application [i.e. research supervisor or advisor must be one of the referees].Applicant must be registered in a Ph.D./doctorate program by the time the Fellowship is awarded.AwardThe Fellowship of US $10,000 may be used at any university or college offering accredited post-graduate courses and degrees.
Students must be registered in a Ph.D./doctoral program when funds are received.
Current fellows may apply to renew the Fellowship for a second year and will undergo the same application and evaluation procedures as first-time applicants.
Deadline: 15 November.
For further details, and application materials, contact: Amelia Earhart Fellowship Program Website