ASHRAE Scholarship Program
ASHRAE scholarship program serves as a economizer, helping reduce the financial burdens of obtaining your engineering education.
ASHRAE scholarships are awarded based on the following:
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a scale where 4.0 is the highest and/or a class ranking of no less than 30% evidenced by an official transcript of grades and/or statement from a school administrator
- A letter of recommendation & evaluation form from three individuals including a faculty adviser or professor (in the case of institutions with an ASHRAE student branch a letter from the faculty adviser of that branch), a current or past employer, and any other character reference
- Potential service to the HVAC and/or refrigeration profession
- Financial need
- Leadership ability (activities, leadership roles, community service, etc.)
- Work ethics (summer jobs, part-time jobs, etc.)Submission:
- Application completed in English.
- Official transcript(s) of grades from at least one semester or quarter of college study and, if applicable, from all previous college coursework.If college grades are not available by the application deadline, submit an official transcript of secondary school grades and verification of enrollment or acceptance to a post-secondary educational institution.
- A letter of recommendation & evaluation form from three individuals including a faculty adviser or professor (in the case of institutions with an ASHRAE student branch, a letter from the faculty adviser of that branch), a current or past employer, and any other character reference.Applicants:
- You have read the application carefully and answered all questions completely and honestly
- You have submitted a signed and dated application on time
- All required documents are included in the application package
- You qualify by meeting all applicable criteria
- Your application is neat and legible (typed, computer-printed or handwritten clearly)
- You have used proper English (correct grammar and spelling) when responding to essay questions
- To take extra time to submit a brief, non-required introductory cover letter
- You are clear and thorough when stating goals and financial need
- You contact ASHRAE Headquarters to ensure application package was received and is complete
- You do not indicate a relative’s membership in ASHRAE on the applicationDeadline: 1st December
For more information and application, visit: ASHRAE Scholarship Program Website