Australian Development Scholarships
Australian Development Scholarships (ADS): The Africa ADS program provides academic scholarships to undertake Master Degrees and Postgraduate Diplomas to nationals of African and other developing countries.
The Australia Development Scholarships are a central part of the Australian Government’s development cooperation program in Africa.
The Australian Government Development Scholarships scheme offers the opportunity to people from developing countries to study in priority sector courses at Australian universities.
By providing people with the knowledge and skills to promote development in their home country, the ADS scheme aims to reduce poverty, promote good governance, and contribute to the human resource base of targeted countries and complement other Australian development projects.
Australian Development Scholarships Benefits:
Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the institution, including any preparatory training.
Development Scholarships Benefits:
- Airfare – Payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route.
- Establishment Allowance – A once only payment as a contribution towards expenses such as rental bonds, text books, study materials, additional medical insurance, home contents insurance, excess baggage upon return home etc.
- Contribution to Living Expenses – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by AusAID.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) – provided to cover the student’s basic medical costs.
- Pre-course English – if deemed necessary may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training.
- Supplementary Academic Support (Tutorial Assistance) – May be available when essential to improving the student’s performance to ensure their academic success.
- Fieldwork – May be available for eligible research students.
For more information and application materials, contact: Australian Development Scholarships Website