Barakat Trust and Bakarat Foundation Scholarships
Barakat Trust and Bakarat Foundation Scholarships: The Barakat Trust and Bakarat Foundation Scholarships are open to applicants worldwide.
Over 7 categories of scholarships are given with amounts ranging from £ 1000 – £ 13 500.
Support is given for a diverse range of projects, programmes and studies. They include financial assistance for:
- Conservation programmes
- Documentation of archives
- Events, exhibitions and museums
- Lectures, colloquia and conferences
- Scholarships towards a Master of Studies course in Islamic
- Art History and Architecture at the University of Oxford
- Scholarships and grants for post-graduate and post-doctoral study and research
- Travel and field trips
- Archaeological projects
- Prizes to students at accredited schools and universities.Scholarship Application Eligibility Criteria:The majority of the funds available are zakat monies, and as such can only be granted to Muslim applicants.However, at the discretion of the Advisory Committee, there are also some funds which may be made available to assist non-Muslim scholars and projects administered by non-Muslim organisations.
Applicants for scholarships and academic research must have completed at least a B.A degree.
For more information and application see: Barakat Trust and Bakarat Foundation Scholarships