Bursaries/Scholarships for Social Work
Bursaries/Scholarships for Social Work:
The National Department of Social Development is offering scholarships to the needy and deserving students of South Africa.
Applications are invited from students who are pursuing or interested in enrolling for a Social Work qualification.
- Any South African citizen, who at the time of application, is in Grade 12 or has successfully passed Grade 12 examination with tertiary entrance requirements.
- Any South African citizen who is pursuing a Social Work qualification at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
- Selection shall be based primarily on academic performance and financial viability.Your application form should be accompanied by the tertiary institution’s admission letter, ID copy, Grade 12 certificate copy, academic results and parents/guardian’s proof of income and ID copies and your contact numbers.No application will be considered without any of the mentioned documents.Conditions:
The Department will contribute towards the following costs:
- Registration fee, tuition fee, examination fee, prescribed books, stipend for practical work, residence and meal fee.
- Students should apply for University accommodation as only university accommodation will be paid for on the scholarship.
- Successful candidates shall enter into a contractual agreement with the Department and they must make satisfactory progress and complete their studies within the minimum period as prescribed by the tertiary institution.
For more scholarship information and application, see: Bursaries/Scholarships for Social Work Website