Cape Peninsula University Research Fund
Purpose: The purpose of the University Research Fund is:
- To assist in stimulating and promoting the research culture within the institution,
- To provide research running costs for further qualifications or free standing research projects.Fund Application Eligibility Criteria:
- All CPUT permanent staff and those appointed on contracts of two (2) years or more,
- All Postgraduate students whose research projects are linked to their supervisor’s research grant,
- Current NRF grant holders (IRDP, Thuthuka) are NOT eligible to apply for URF. Prioritization:Applications are individually assessed on merit and will be prioritized according to the following factors:
- Development status of the applicant.
- Scientific merit of the application.
- Track record of applicant with respect to delivery of projected research outputs.
- Source of other funding and support.Application:
- Applicants should complete the attached form/s
- First-time applicants should submit the completed URF application form (F1) only.
- Continuing applicants should submit both the application form (F1) and progress report (F3).
- Postgraduate students should submit the application form (F1A) only.
- Completed applications must be submitted to Faculty Research Co-ordinators.
- Only applications endorsed by the Faculty will be accepted by the Research Department.
- All URF applications submitted to Research Office MUST have evidence of ethical clearance attached.
Deadlines: 31st August.
For more information and application, visit: Cape Peninsula University Research Fund Website