Catholic University College of Ghana (CUCG) Admission Forms 2023/2024
How to Apply for CUCG Admission
|Applicants will submit their completed application forms on or before the dates indicated clearly showing their choices of Faculty.
The Admissions Committee will review the list of applicants and determine the final selection.
The Admissions Committee will respect the preferences of applicants as much as possible, but may assign applicants to another Faculty on the basis of their second or third preference.
The Admissions Committee will inform the successful applicants who will then proceed to register.
A non-refundable deposit of Eight Hundred Ghana Cedis (GHc 800.00) will be paid at the time of acceptance.
General Questions and Respective Responses
|1) When was the University established?
The University was finally established in December, 2002 when it was accredited and granted the right to run university programmes by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana (NAB). The idea for the establishment of a Catholic University was mooted in 1997. The Certificate of Incorporation was received on 17th August, 2001. The launch of the CUCG Fund was done in December, 2001 and officially made public of the establishment of the University on 15th January, 2002 by His Eminence Peter Cardinal-Turkson.2) Which University is Catholic University affiliated to?
The Catholic University is affiliated to University of Ghana, Legon and University of Cape Coast respectively on different programmes. Out of the Five Faculties, only the Faculty of Education is affiliated to the University of Cape Coast.3) Do students of the University qualify to access Government student loan schemes?
YES! A student who desires and wishes to acquire the Student Loan Trust Fund is eligible to access the loan trust as a student of the University.
4) Will one be granted a study leave when applied to Catholic University?
5) Where is the school established or situated?
6) Does the University have any satellite campus elsewhere?
7) Where can interested persons get Application Forms to buy?
8) What are the requirements for normal direct entry?
9) Is there any cut-off point qualification considered for admission?
10) Does the University run Part-time programmes?
11) Is there any Distance programme available?
12) Does the University have its own hostel on campus?
13) Is the road accessible?
14) What about the ease of transportation to and fro campus for students?
15) How affordable is the Fees at the University?
16) Can Fees be paid in installments?
17) How much is the tuition fees per semester?
18) Does tuition fee increase every academic year?
19) Is there a policy on higher placement of applicants with professional certificates/diplomas?
20) What are the undergraduate options available in the various faculties of the University?
A. BSc. Economics and Business Administration options:
B. i. BSc. Computer Science
C. BSc. Public Health options:
D. BEd. (Bachelor of Education) options:
E. BA Religious Studies with Education
21) Are there any Graduate Programmes? Yes! Currently, the University runs:
i. Post-graduate Diploma in Education
ii. MA in Religious Education & Pastoral Ministry
22) Any future programmes to be introduced?
23) Is there any prescribed dress code for students?
24) Does the University have any collaboration with a foreign University for exchange programmes?
25) Is the Catholic University opened to Catholics alone?
26) Does the University admit foreign students?
27) What is the duration of a degree programme and with what qualification?
28) Are students of the University well protected and secured?
29) What facilities are available for students’ academic work?
30) Any recreational or educational activities on campus?
31) Does the University partake in organized programmes on a national scale?
32) Who are the owners of the Catholic University?
33) What is the current population of the students in the University?