Central University (CU) Civil Engineering Admiision/Entry Requirements
Entry Requirements for Civil Engineering
- WASSCE and SSSCE: The minimum requirements for admission into the programme are passes in three (3) core subjects at the Senior Secondary School Certiﬁcate Examination (SSSCE) OR the West African Senior Secondary Certiﬁcate Examination (WASSCE) in English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science, AND passes in three (3) elective subjects at SSSCE/WASSCE level, namely, Elective Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- The aggregate score of the 6 subjects should not exceed 24 in the SSSCE or 36 in the WASSCE. All passes should be grade D (SSSCE) or better or C6 (WASSCE) or better.
- GCE Entrants: Applicants must have credits in at least ﬁve (5) GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a Science Subject, AND two passes at GCE A-Level in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry, plus a pass in General Paper.
- Mature Applicants: Must be at least 25 years old and must have credits in ﬁve (5) GCE O’ Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics, and a Science subject, with at least 3 years relevant working experience. Candidates will be required to pass a qualifying examination conducted by the Department, and an interview.
- HND holders (Civil Engineering option) who graduated within the range of First Class to Second Class (Lower Division) may also be considered for admission to an appropriate level.
Candidates are required to have passes at credit level in Mathematics, Science subjects and English Language. This is the basic departmental requirement.