Chevening Scholarships: Chevening UK Scholarships are provided by the British government’s flagship scholarship programme for postgraduate students in the UK.
If you are ambitious, focused and motivated, and realise that a qualification from Britain will help take you to the top in your career, consider applying for a Chevening UK Scholarship.
The British Council manages the scholarship programme on behalf of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Each year hundreds of African students are carefully selected for the scholarships through competitive interviews.
Drawn from both the public and private sectors, they are individuals who hope to play a key role in Africa’s future.
Scholarship eligibility – scholarship applicants will be:
- Under the age of 35
- Have an upper second class first degree
- Have a track record of high performance
- Demonstrate ambition, creativity and innovation
- Be available to study for at least 1 year in the UKThe scholarship application process & requirements:Interested candidates should forward an application letter demonstrating the above criteria and including details of:
- Contact detailsAttach one written piece of between 150-200 words on your intended subject of study and how you expect to benefit from this opportunity.The Placement Process:
- British Council will facilitate selected candidates’ applications to UK higher education institutions. Candidates who have already made applications direct to UK institutions should provide details at interview.
- Once UK institutions have confirmed acceptance, the British Council will provide comprehensive face to face briefings to successful candidates. This includes information about living and studying in UK; the support candidates receive during their studies; the entitlements payable under the scheme, including full academic fees, international airfares and living allowances in UK.
- British Council will facilitate candidates’ departure arrangements, including UK visa applications and travel arrangements.
Deadline: Application date varies depending on the country you come from.
For further details, and application materials, contact: British Chevening Scholarships Website