Clerk of Works Job in Ghana January 2022
Clerk of Works Job in Ghana January 2022 – Jobs in Ghana January 2022
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction / Real Estate Jobs in Ghana
The Clerk of Works assists in the delivery of construction projects by ensuring that site operations and construction works comply with relevant contract documents, requirements standard and all current legislation. He is considered as the quality control and approval person on the site for both company operations and that of subcontractors. It is his responsibility to make sure that construction projects are delivered to specification, on time and according to the set budget for the project.
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Building Technology , Quantity Surveying.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make recommendations both orally and in writing about any aspect of the works including the quality of work which does not conform to the specifications or schedules of works and other documentation that might be unsatisfactory for any reasons including designs, work or cost. The Clerk of works would refer these recommendations to Site Engineer for a decision on further instruction.
- Continuously monitor work on site in accordance with the Contractors Method Statements and the Construction Health and Safety Plan. Be responsible to ensure the safety of all persons affected by the works and promptly report breaches to Site Engineer in written form.
- Maintain and issue weekly progress reports for all labor force, quality of work, Health and Safety, test results and completion of tasks and responsibilities.
- Examine, in advance as possible, all contract documents and drawings for discrepancies. Attend meetings and report on the Sub – contractor’s performance and other factors for the uninterrupted process of work.
- Check that progress is maintained according to the schedule of work and advice on any likely cause for delay.
- Prepare and attend inspections and advise the Site Engineer prior to the issue of Certificate of Completion.
- Ensure that schedules of defects after handover are maintained, and their rectification before the expiration of the defects liability period.
- Where approval samples are available, compare work carried out against samples and ensure that it’s consistent with the original
Should have the following Skills/
- Ability to use Microsoft applications including MS Project
- A keen edge for quality and precision.
- Deep understanding of the outcome of drawings and plans
Salary Range: 1500 – 2000.00
How to Apply
Submit your CV to email@example.com
Only short -listed candidates will be contacted.
Use the position your are applying for as the subject of your email
Closing Date : 16th February, 2022.
Ensure that you mention www.jobwebghana.com as the source of this job advert.
See Also: Current Jobs in Ghana January 2022
See Also: Current Jobs In Ghana