Creating the Jailbreak Drive on Mac (How To Join Jailbreak PS3)
Copy the jailbreak file. Click the jailbreak file, then click Edit at the top of the screen and click Copy in the drop-down menu.
- You can also press ⌘ Command+C to copy the file.
- Open Finder. Click the blue, face-shaped icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Click your flash drive’s name. It’s on the left side of the Finder. Doing so will open your flash drive in the Finder.
- Click File. This menu item is in the upper-left side of the screen. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click New Folder. It’s near the top of the drop-down menu.
- Enter PS3 as the folder’s name. Type in PS3 and then press ⏎ Return.
- Open the folder. Double-click the “PS3” folder to do so.
- Create a folder named UPDATE here. You’ll do this in the same way in which you created the “PS3” folder:
- Click File
- Click New Folder
- Type in UPDATE and press ⏎ Return.
- Open the “UPDATE” folder.
- Paste in the jailbreak file. Click Edit at the top of the screen, then click Paste Item in the drop-down menu.
- You can also press ⌘ Command+V to paste in the file.
- Rename the jailbreak file to PS3UPDAT. Click the file, then click the File menu item, click Rename in the drop-down menu, type in PS3UPDAT, and press ↵ Enter.
- Eject your flash drive. Click the “Eject” triangle icon to the right of the flash drive’s name in the Finder window. You can then physically remove the flash drive from your Mac, at which point you can proceed to jailbreaking your PS3.
Preparing to Jailbreak (How To Join Jailbreak PS3)
Creating the Jailbreak Drive on Windows (How To Join Jailbreak PS3)
Jailbreaking the PS3 (How To Join Jailbreak PS3)