DAAD Postgraduate Scholarships for Developing Countries
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supports a range of postgraduate courses at German Universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from Developing Countries with further specialised studies.
The typical scholarship holders will come either from public authorities, state or private companies concerned with national development policies and projects in technological, economic, agricultural and social fields.
Therefore, apart from a degree relevant to the postgraduate course, it is required that candidates have at least two years of related professional experience in order to qualify for a scholarship.
For some courses the age limit is 32 or 36
- 3x Application form with photo and a cover letter (PDF; 64 KB)
- 3x Hand-signed CV
- 3x Hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation)
- 3x Research plan (if required by the university)
- 3x Academic letter of recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
- 3x Professional letter of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
- 3x Confirmation of employment from the employer in home country, and when possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home
- 3x TOEFL (min. 550 points or computer based 213 points) or IELTS (min. band 6) or German language certificate
- 3x Copies of High School transcript of records – certified by the official authority,
- 3x Copies of B.A. or B.Sc. certificate and transcript of records – certified by the official authority
Only complete application forms can be accepted!
For more information and application, see: DAAD Postgraduate Scholarships for Developing Countries Website