DAC Countries 20 PhD Scholarships
DAC Countries 20 PhD Scholarships: Full PhD scholarships for international students from developing countries. Find doctoral scholarships for PhD students. PhD degree scholarships. PhD research grants.
International Center for Development and Decent Work (ICDD) Graduate School of Socio-Ecological Research for Development.
PhD Scholarships – Call for Applications
20 PhD scholarship positions for students from DAC countries at the International Center for Development and Decent Work (ICDD)
ICDD is an interdisciplinary and international scientific network of excellence with the head office located at the University of Kassel, Germany and partner universities in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
ICDD is funded under the programme “exceed – Higher Education Excellence in Development Co-operation” launched by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Under its Graduate School of Socio-Ecological Research for Development, ICDD invites applications for 20 PhD scholarship positions for students from DAC countries at the following internationally renowned universities:
- 8 at the University of Kassel, Germany in the fields of political and agricultural science,
- 2 at the Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS), India in the field of sociology,
- 2 at the Universidade Estaduale de Campinas (Unicamp), Brazil in the field of economics,
- 2 at the University of Witwatersrand (Wits), South Africa in the field of sociology,
- 2 at the University of Agriculture Faisalabad (UAF), Pakistan in agricultural science,
- 2 at the Universidad Autónoma de Yucatan (UADY), Mexico in agricultural science, and
- 2 at Egerton University (EGU), Kenya in agricultural science.
PhD students of the Graduate School will be based either at the University of Kassel or at one of ICDD’s international partner universities (see above), and will be enrolled in the respective university’s PhD training programmes.
Please indicate in your application at which university you wish to be located. A joint international workshop programme on subjects of the ICDD, research methods, the linkage between theory and empirical research and for the presentation of the prospective PhD projects will take place every year within the Graduate School.
Scholarships will be awarded for four years under the precondition of a successful extension after one year.
The scholarships will cover a country-specific monthly allowance according to DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) standards.
All scholarships will include travel expenses for south-north and south-south mobility if necessary and funding for field research and the participation in Graduate School and ICDD activities.
For more information, and phd scholarship application see; DAC Countries 20 PhD Scholarships