Doctoral Fellowships in Social Sciences & Spatial Planning
Doctoral Fellowships of the Dresden Leibniz Graduate School:
The DLGS – Dresden Leibniz Graduate School is a joint activity of the IOER (Leibniz Institute of Ecological and Regional Development, Dresden) and the TU Dresden in co-operation with the ARL (Academy for Spatial Research and Planning, Hanover).
Beginning in January the DLGS announces;
Eight (8) Doctoral Fellowships
for three years as the 2nd cohort of the Graduate School. The fellowships are in accordance with DFG grant rates for the new Länder (1.340,- EUR per month).
The 1st cohort of doctoral students of the DLGS addresses the theme of “Demographic Change and Regional Development Strategies.” The announcement of the 2nd cohort takes this theme a step further and pays more attention to linking demographic change with other long-run developments (such as climate change or structural economic developments). Doctoral students may focus on new concepts for dealing with change and uncertainty (e.g., resilience) and on implementation strategies for regional development.
The first year is devoted to intensive work in courses and on the doctoral thesis. Workshops about qualitative and quantitative methods, international events, and summer schools offer opportunities to acquire special skills and general competencies. The interdisciplinary composition of the group and the support provided by DLGS partners as well as possible research visits abroad enable graduates to rapidly complete innovative doctorates. Graduates will work in Dresden.
This announcement addresses graduates (M.A., M.Sc., or equivalent) in
- Spatial Planning (including City and Regional Planning, Landscape Planning) and Geography,
- Social Sciences (including Sociology, Economics).Applications from outside of Germany are particularly welcome.Applicants should be capable of fluently speaking and writing English, of cooperating in teams, and of taking up residence at the work location. Fellowship holders must comply with the regulations for a doctoral degree enacted by the relevant faculties of the TU Dresden.Written applications should comprise the following documents:
- Application letter,
- Filled-in application form (includes outline of the proposed thesis, see download),
- Copies of certificates,
- Letter of reference from a university professor,
- Chronological CV.For downloads and further information see: www.dlgs-dresden.deFor further information please contact the IOER,
Dr Gérard Hutter,
Tel. +49 (0)351-4679-259.Please send applications (single pdf-file) to the following e-mail address: dlgs[at]ioer.de
Deadline: 10th September For more information, see: Doctoral Fellowships in Social Sciences & Spatial Planning Website