Doctoral Scholarships in Economics
Doctoral Scholarships in Economics: Department of Economics of the Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena in cooperation with the Max Planck Institute of Economics, Jena.
The program is funded by the German Science Foundation. It offers top level graduated students the opportunity to achieve a doctoral degree (PhD) in economics.
The Research Training Group offers:
- 12 scholarships for doctoral students (duration of 2+1 years) with a background in economics and business administration
- 2 qualification scholarships (duration 12 months) for FH/university of applied science students in economics or business administration who strive to achieve the university degree allowing them to run for a PhD
- 6 research scholarships (duration of several months) for university students in economics and business administration.
- The Research Training Group “The Economics of Innovative Change“ will address unresolved questions and problems concerning the economic dynamics of firms, markets, sectors and regions with an analytical focus on the endogenous driving forces mainly understood as the activities of invention and innovation.
- The variety of topics that is dealt with covers the foundations of individual behavior and the economic and institutional environment, the generation of innovations together with the organizational forms of activities of invention and innovations, the change of the sectoral structures caused by innovations, the role of the demand side in this context, as well as the political management of change.
- The scholarship positions require a permanent and active participation in the study and the research program of the research training group.
- Therefore all scholarship holders are expected to choose Jena as their place of residence.
- CV, copy of diploma, BA, MA certificate, copy of diploma or master thesis, writing sample (about 10 pages), 2 reference letters from academic teachers, 1 page statement on the expected benefit from participating in the program.
Application Deadline: Rolling.
For More Information and Application, Please Visit; Doctoral Scholarships in Economics Website