Doctoral Scholarships for Interdisciplinary Research
The Collaborative Research Center at Freie University, Berlin, with the integrated Research Training Group, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) is offering 4 Doctoral Scholarships for interdisciplinary research projects in the fields of chemistry, biology, materials science, and biophysics.
Terms of Grant:
- The scholarships will be awarded for one year.
- The earliest start is on August 1st. After one year, scholars may apply for funding and internship extension through their research groups.
- Doctoral fellows will receive a stipend of € 1.000 per month.
- An additional material cost allowance of € 103 per month will also be paid. A child care allowance may be granted if applicable.
- Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter with the sub-project number and name of the group leader with whom the applicant would like to work, as well as their curriculum vitae, copies of their qualifying academic certifications, and two letters of recommendation from academic teachers.
- Applicants should have gained a top place in their graduating classes and hold a master’s degree or equivalent in chemistry, biochemistry, biology or pharmacy.
- Applicants should also have a solid proficiency in the English language.
- Students will be chosen on the basis of their previous grades and academic references.
Women as well as disabled persons are encouraged to apply for the fellowships.
The deadline for application is April 30th.
For more information and application, visit: Doctoral Scholarships for Interdisciplinary Research