Doctoral Scholarships in West Africa
Doctoral Scholarships in West Africa: Doctoral Scholarships in West Africa – “Decision‐making within rural households in West Africa.”
The Center for Development Research is an international, English‐speaking research institute of the University of Bonn/Germany hosts the ZEF Doctoral Studies Program.
The candidate will be expected to participate in the interdisciplinary and disciplinary courses of the ZEF Doctoral Studies Program.
He/she will develop an individual research proposal until February. For data collection, 10‐12 months of field research in West Africa will be required.
During the writing‐up period of the dissertation, the candidate will be based at ZEF in Bonn.
Duration of the doctoral studies:
Three years starting from August under conditional acceptance of the confirmation by the funding agency. A scholarship awarded will cover living, research as well as travel cost.
Scholarship Requirements for the Applicants:
- very good degree (Diploma, Master or Magister) in social anthropology, social geography, political sciences or development sociology
- very good writing skills in English are required for the dissertation
- very good knowledge of French are required for research in a francophone country
- good knowledge of field research methods is required
- experience in research is of advantage
- work experience in West Africa is of advantage.African candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
For more information and scholarship applications, see: Doctoral Scholarships in West Africa