Electrical Superintendent Job in Ghana February 2023
Electrical Superintendent Job in Ghana February 2023 – Jobs in Ghana February 2023
AngloGold Ashanti Job Vacancy : Electrical Superintendent – Surface Mine Infrastructure
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra – Obuasi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Electrical Superintendent – Surface Mine Infrastructure.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Electrical Superintendent – Surface Mine Infrastructure is accountable for the development and implementation of electrical aspects of Surface Mine Infrastructure maintenance, including the Electrical Distribution and electrical aspects of CIC through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control
- Technical input to the Maintenance Lead – Surface Mine Infrastructure for inclusion to the Safety Manager, Refurbishment Manager, Planning Manager, Technical Services Manager and Construction Manager in order to develop the safety management plan for the construction and refurbishment works, consistent with AGA’s Integrated Management System and Standards.
- Application review of safety standards and work practices for the refurbishment construction and infrastructure workforce to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- Application of HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Safety behaviour demonstration consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
- Continuous improvement of design and field safety performance.
- Inspections, audits, JHA, etc. of the Safety Management System delivering compliance
- Timely investigation of all injuries, illness, and incidents with actions plans developed to prevent recurrences
- Identification of safety training needs, delivery of safety training requirements to enable personnel to safely perform their designated work
- Reduced energy usage by running the mine energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate within sphere of influence
- Deliver infrastructure requirements consistent with the procurement and contracting strategy, which address the construction time, cost and quality risks.
- Provide internal processes that support management of the interface with the EPCM contractor for construction and refurbishment works.
- Monitor the development of maintenance planning and management outcomes in electrical infrastructure
- Reporting processes for managing electrical installation refurbishment contractor and the AGAG maintenance workforce to deliver works that meet cost, schedule and quality expectations consistent with the scope and quality contained in the Feasibility Study within area of accountability.
- Proactively control the refurbishment process to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns.
- Control electrical refurbishment priorities within a dynamic environment, whilst maintaining safety, budget, schedule and quality targets.
- Communicate accurate and timely construction schedule delivery, progress, cost and quality information in the area of accountability with Construction Manager verify, on new builds, the safety, operability, standards, maintainability, and reliability
- Design and put in place reporting structure to provide major inputs to Maintenance Lead – Surface Mine Infrastructure to allow reporting of Operational Readiness for the electrical surface infrastructure/engineering/maintenance throughout the operation.
- Develop monitoring of the electrical aspects of the Operational Readiness plan for the surface infrastructure teams including localisation plan.
- Implement the approved organisational structure required to deliver the project targets and future operational requirements.
- Engage and develop appropriately skilled, capable and experienced personnel in the area of accountability.
- Develop and implement systems for the Electrical department to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement.
- Organise the maintenance of the electrics of the surface infrastructure during the Phase1 & 2 Operations and beyond.
- Monitor and ensure the work carried out by the surface mine infrastructure electrical maintenance team is of a standard that supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost
- Identify sub-standard work practices, identify root cause and eliminate by corrective action.
- Task subordinates in line with achieving the agreed production plan
- Create a team of engineers to specify, design, analyse and verify new components and systems.
- Develop an appropriate succession plan for key positions with the correct supportive development plan
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic or Maintenance Engineering, or equivalent
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
- An experienced electrical maintenance engineer with 7+ years’ experience in, preferably Mine Infrastructure maintenance
- Experience in Electrical related projects, Maintenance, Power Systems, Fixed Plants and Electrical Wiring Regulations
- Knowledge of SAP PM Module
- Must possess Engineering Superintendent’s Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body
- Strong electrical maintenance competencies in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 19TH FEBRUARY, 2023.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
See Also: Current Jobs in Ghana February 2023
See Also: Current Jobs In Ghana
See Also: Jobs in Ghana Closing in January, February, March, April May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December