EuropeAid Grant to NGOs for Women’s Rights and Gender Equality Projects
The European Commission’s (EC) thematic programme, ‘Investing in People’ with its broad approach of reducing poverty has an important theme of promoting gender equality “which includes women’s empowerment.
It provides for a specific allocation to support capacity building of non-State actors (NSAs) engaged in promoting women’s civil and political rights and economic and social empowerment, and in countering gender stereotypes in the Mediterranean countries covered by the European Neighbourhood and Partnership Instrument (ENPI).”
In this context, it has announced a call for proposals “to contribute to awareness-raising, promotion and the implementation of the rights recognised notably in the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and the Istanbul Framework for Action.”
The programme aims to “support of the efforts of civil society in countering gender stereotypes, notably in order to combat the root causes of violence against women and foster the participation and the role of women in public life (media, political life, employment, etc.);
- support of the efforts of civil society in monitoring, promoting wide participation, raising public awareness and advocating the implementation of the Istanbul Framework of Action;
- support of the efforts of civil society in developing capacity, monitoring, raising awareness among the wider public, educating and advocating for the respect of international standards;
- support of the efforts of civil society in promoting gender equality and women’s rights in local development and supporting women’s participation in political life and local decision-making processes – e.g. enabling women to engage in dialogue with relevant local authorities and stakeholders on local development, conducting of poverty reduction and socio-economic development strategies that effectively empower women;
- gender budgeting initiatives.”
- Grants available from a minimum amount of €200,000 to a maximum of €800,000 for each project, but as usual the EC fund will cover only 80% while the rest has to be contributed by the proposing organization.
The projects have to be implemented only in these countries:
Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, the Occupied Palestinian Territory, Syria, Tunisia, and Mauritania. Since this is a Restricted Call for Proposals, only concept notes have to be submitted initially.
PADOR registration is necessary for all applicants.
For More Information and Application, Please Visit; EuropeAid Website