Farmer Services Data Fellow Job in Ghana January 2023
- Company: Farmerline
- Location: Kumasi, Ashanti Region, Ghana
- State: Kumasi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
Do you want to improve millions of lives and leave a lasting legacy at the same time? Do you want to use your talents and skills to make a difference and not just a living? Do you want to help feed the world now and in the future. Farmerline works to reinvent how the world thinks and invest in the lives of small-scale farmers. We are working to help farmers produce and sell food. We are bold and systemic thinkers, but operate lean and nimble.
We train and support a network of smartphone empowered field agents to bring vital services and information to farmers doorsteps. Products like high quality but affordable fertilizers, fungicides and seeds. Information services like weather forecast,market prices, financial & nutrition tips. We are building the “Amazon” for farmers where they can access these services and other resources at an affordable price, quality and right in their community.
We have supported many organizations with our tools and knowledge to improve the way they work with farmers. Over the past 5 years, Farmerline and its partnership network has profiled and served over 200,000 farmers and mapped over 700,000 acres of farmland across 11 countries.
Farmerline is a learning organization and you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity to solve problems everyday. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive at Farmerline.
Farmerline’s Farmer Services Team is scaling up its operations and reaching thousands of farmers and transitioning from a start-up environment to a matured and localized operation. We are seeking an early-career professional with demonstrated operations ability to help us increase our impact to farmers efficiently through data collection. Data plays a major role in driving impact by ensuring that the farmers we reach are profiled to ascertain their needs and help in meeting them.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Calling 30 farmers daily by phone to profile them
- Use of IT systems to collect qualitative and quantitative data on farmers
- Communicate with Zonal Managers for field visits
- Gather information on customer feedback on products
- Gather and share farmer feedback on services
- Represent and promote Farmerline’s services and announce the network of field agents and manage expectations of the various actors.
We are seeking a talented early-professional who is results oriented. Most importantly, the successful candidate will have good communication skills, as well as enjoy problem-solving and working in a fast-paced and high-stakes environment. He/ she should be articulate in local languages especially Twi.
- Degree in Social Sciences or Agricultural related fields.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team
- Prior experience with data collection preferred
- Mission-driven individual that can align 100% with Farmerline’s values in empowering smallholder farmers into successful entrepreneurs
- A logical and systematic approach to work, high degree of IT literacy
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Ability to work independently as well as an effective team player
- Language: English required.
Benefits And Compensation
- Monthly Allowance
- A leadership team and colleagues investing in your personal and professional growth
- Dynamic, young culture with great opportunities for learning, leadership, and FUN
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
See Also: Current Jobs in Ghana January 2023
See Also: Current Jobs In Ghana