General Foreman – Controls and Instrumentation Job in Ghana January 2023
General Foreman – Controls and Instrumentation Job in Ghana January 2023 – Jobs in Ghana January 2023
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Brong Ahafo Region, Ghana
- State: Sunyani
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
- To plan, supervise and coordinate Process Plant Controls and Instrumentation maintenance activities in a safe and cost-effective manner, to enable the full optimisation of plant electrical and realisation of production plans.
- To lead and support Instrumentation supervisors and technicians and support the career development for C&I apprentices to enable competency levels and availability goals to be achieved.
- Build and develop an electrical maintenance team capable of carrying out needed engineering initiatives.
- Provide effective on-the-job training and coaching to ensure employees gain new skills and achieve their maximum potential.
Electrical Maintenance Execution
- Develop and implement maintenance strategies based in RCM techniques, budgets and plans to ensure maximum equipment’s availability at optimum cost.
- Prepare maintenance operating cost forecasts, budgets and monthly maintenance reports.
- Conduct troubleshooting of all the electrical systems including communication’s equipment installed.
- Collaborate with the stores / procurement department to ensure that all the necessary maintenance parts and supplies are available to maintain the process plant and associated facilities.
- Oversee the development and review of the maintenance standard task procedures (STPs).
- Provide input into failure analysis studies and recommend alternative strategies for maintenance.
- Collect and analyse data to propose changes in Process Maintenance procedures and/or electrical designs.
- Review and approve all instrumentation drawings and make recommendations and modifications, based on technical standards and procedures.
- Provide control systems engineering and programming services.
- Review and make recommendations to the Superintendent and other management on areas of improvement.
Instrumentation Maintenance Management
- Organise, distribute, coordinate and oversee all instrumentation maintenance work in all process areas equipped with instrumentation and control devices (i.e. Crushing, Grinding, CIL, Elution, CCD, WSF and TSF, Powerhouse, Fire Systems).
- Provide hands-on assistance during C&I maintenance activities and ensure that safe work practices are followed.
- Perform controls and instrumentation activities such as installation and maintenance, in conjunction with the team.
- Ensure that shift handover meetings are conducted.
- Manage and coordinate daily corrective actions.
- Provide technical support when major work is to be carried on any of the plant equipment to ensure safe work practices are followed.
Health and Safety Management
- Manage adherence of electrical maintenance to all HSLP, Environment and Social Responsibility requirements under Newmont’s Integrated Management System, Newmont vision and values.
- Oversee and manage site-wide electrical compliance through the delivery of statutory inspections and reports.
- Assure that applicable health and safety regulations and compliance programs are implemented.
- Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every employee under or assigned to his / her supervision.
- Conduct periodic safety meetings and inspections.
- Attend monthly safety inspections and meetings.
Work Scheduling and Allocation
- Supervise the tasks completed by the Supervisors and Technicians and verify that these are performed according to specified plans.
- Provide and coordinate support for the team to execute the plant modification and achieve results in a timely manner.
Become familiar with and strictly adhere to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards. Act as a role model in complying with and supporting these standards and practices.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ Degree in Electrical or Controls and Instrumentation Engineering.
- Sectional Engineering Certification of competency / MINCOM Certification.
- Advanced knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Advanced knowledge of the work management process.
- Advanced knowledge of defect elimination methodologies and their interpretation.
- Advanced knowledge of maintenance plant equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience in Reliability Centered Maintenance programs.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP related programs
- Advanced knowledge of the statutory regulations relevant to safety and the environment for the mining industry.
- Strong knowledge of I.T. networking and communication protocols
- Advanced knowledge of server and data storage devices.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience as a Fixed Plant Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor maintaining mechanical equipment / machinery in a large gold processing environment.
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity, managing large and diverse teams.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
See Also: Current Jobs in Ghana January 2023
See Also: Current Jobs In Ghana
See Also: Jobs in Ghana Closing in January, February, March, April May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December