Ghana Police Service GPS Estates Department
The mission statement of the Estate Unit of the Ghana Police Service is to provide:
- A decent residential and office accommodation for all personnel.
- A comprehensive documentation of all Police properties
- A conducive office environment for the personnel and the public
- An effective maintenance of all movable and immovable properties
To be an effective and efficient support Unit of the Ghana Police Service to enable the service attain a world class Police Service status
- Management and acquisition of real estate and their documentation.
- Management, regular maintenance and periodic inspection of all buildings, furniture, fittings, furnishing, equipments etc belonging to the organisation.
- Deal with cases involving leasehold and rentals i.e. undertaking of capital and rental valuation of landed property and advising the Police Administration accordingly.
- Ensure the efficient management of direct labour on the organisations property.
- Management of Database i.e. be the custodian of all records on real properties and other assets belonging to the Service.
- General cleaningness of offices and other premises of the Service.
- Arrange for all payment of bills and rents in respect of utility services (such as water, electricity, telephone etc).
- Liaise between Police Service and contractors on projects awarded on contract.
- Allocation of office, hotel and residential accommodation to officers.
- Inventorisation of Police property (both landed property & chattels).
- Administration of civilian employee (mainly artisans and labourers).
- To undertake feasibility and viability of (proposed) projects with a view inter alia to determine their suitability.
- Monitoring the progress of construction/maintenance works and submitting periodic reports.
- Taking over completed projects of the Service.
- All other duties as directed by the IGP.