Ghana Police Service GPS Projects
The projects unit of the Ghana Police Service is responsible for the administration of Police projects nation-wide. The unit is headed by Director-Projects who is Deputy Commissioner of Police.
The Director/Projects is assisted by five SPO’s (3 Chief Supt, 1DSP and 1 ASP). The unit is staffed with Architects, Quantity Surveyors, a Structural Engineer, Architectural Draughts men and non-technical Personnel who perform administrative work.
The Unit continues with it’s day to day functions as indicated below
- Designing of new and remodeling of existing police building/structures
- Preparations of working drawings and constructional details
- Advise on cost of all project to be undertaken by the service
- Preparation of payments certificates for all projects
- Carry out periodic inspection on existing buildings and preparing estimates for maintenance works.
- Liaison out between Police Administration and various Governmental and Non-Governmental agencies involved in the administration and developmental construction projects.
- Planning and preparation of budget for development project
- To perform any other duties directed by the Inspection-General of Police