Ghana Police Service Mission
The Ghana Police Service – http://police.gov.gh/en is a single cohesive unit, organized on national basis with a unified command under the leadership of the Inspector General of Police [IGP], who, subject to any direction/directives from the Police Council, is responsible for exercising general day-to-day supervision and control over the Administration and Operation of the Police Service.
The Police Service, which has a very compact but flexible organization, aims at accomplishing the Service’s mission at all times.
The following are the main functions of the service:
- The protection of life and property
- Prevention and detection of crime
- Apprehension and prosecution of offenders
- Preservation of peace and good order
- Enforcement of all laws Acts, Decrees and other regulations with which it is directly charged.
To be a world-class Police Service capable of delivering Planned, Democratic, Protective and Peaceful services up to standards of international best practice.
The Ghana Police Service exists to deliver services in Crime Prevention Detection, Apprehension and Prosecution of offenders consistent with the expectations of Ghana stakeholders for Maximum Protection, Safe, Secure and Peaceful Communities.
- To be honest in our activities. To be firm but fair.
- Work in partnership with the community.
Ghana Police Service Motto: Service With Integrity