Ghana Post GPS System Address
How do I use the App to generate my unique address?
Once you have the App downloaded on your phone, generating your address is easy.
- Ensure your phone’s location button is turned on.
- Open the GhanaPostGPS app and click on the button
- Your unique address will appear next to the Digital address, for example Digital Address: GA-543-0125
Does accuracy matter when generating the address?
Yes, accuracy of your address is important. Just below the address code, the accuracy of the address is shown. Always endeavor to have the address within 3 meters accuracy. It is advised that you stand in front of your property to produce the most accurate address.
How do I ensure accuracy in generating my address?
If your address appears in;
- Green font, for example Digital Address: GA-543-0125 this indicates you are within 3m – 9m accuracy
- Yellow font, for example Digital Address: GA-543-0125 this indicates you are within 10m – 20m accuracy
- Red font, for example Digital Address: GA-543-0125 this indicates you are above 20m accuracy
NB: The most accurate results should show in GREEN font.
What does my address mean (eg. ER-200-1987)?
Your digital address is made up of two main components Your postcode (EN-200) and your unique address (1987) The first letter in the postcode represents your region (E for Eastern Region in this case), the second letter/digit (N) represents the district (N for New Juaben). The next batch of numbers (200) represents your area code. The regional, district and area codes come together to form the postcode. The last batch of numbers (1987) represent the unique address of the location. A combination of the postcode and the unique address make up the digital address.
See Also: Other Info About Ghana Post GPS System