GPS Act: Section – 31 – Calling Out For Active Service
POLICE SERVICE ACT – 1970 (ACT 350)
Section – 31 – Calling Out for Active Service.
(2) The Minister may authorise the Inspector-General of Police to call out the Reserve or any part thereof for active service, for such periods and for the performance of such duties as the Inspector-General of Police considers necessary for the maintenance of law and order, the control of traffic or crowds or otherwise for the assistance of members of the Police Service:
Provided that the period for which any member may be called out under this subsection shall not exceed fourteen days.
(3) The superior police officer in charge of a police region or division may call out the Reserve or any of its members within the region or division for active service:
Provided that the period for which any member may be called out under this subsection shall not exceed eight days.
(4) For the purposes of subsection (3) a police region or division means an area established as such by the Inspector-General of Police.
(5) Every person called out under this section shall be bound to assemble at such place as may be directed and perform such service as may be required of him.
(6) The period of active service of members of the Reserve shall continue-
(a) in the case of calling out under subsection (1), until the Prime Minister by order terminates the period of calling out;
(b) in the case of calling out under subsection (2) or (3), until the period of calling out is terminated, by writing under his hand, by the officer who called out the Reserve or until the date stipulated in the notice of calling out.
(7) Nothing in this Act shall render any member of the Reserve liable to serve or proceed on duty without his consent beyond the limits of the district of the Reserve in which he resides.