Harvard University Environmental Fellowship
The Harvard University Environmental Fellowship is an amazing opportunity for students studying Environment related subject. This fellowship program includes a package of benefits. In this post, we have described the benefits of this fellowship program, the eligibility and application process.
This fellowship is organized by Harvard University
Amount of Fellowship
This fellowship program includes –
- $66,000 salary (per year),
- Heal insurance,
- $2500 travel allowance and
- Other expenses related to profession.
- Applicant’s prior academic and professional success and his or her potential contribution to scholarship or practice.
- Project proposals are carefully evaluated by a committee of HUCE faculty. The proposed project should represent an independent line of inquiry, clearly extending beyond the candidate’s Ph.D. work as well as the host’s ongoing research. The relevance of the proposed work for addressing environmental issues, along with demonstration of excellent potential for intellectual achievement, are critical factors in the selection process.
- Diversity: the selection committee will select a group of fellows in this year who will complement those selected the previous year, creating a group of approximately a dozen people with diverse backgrounds and sets of academic interests. The intellectual focus of fellows—and their hosts—may include the sciences, economics, law, government, public policy, public health, medicine, design, and the full array of humanities.
- Harvard candidates: those receiving terminal degrees from Harvard and post-docs currently working at Harvard are eligible for the fellowship provided their research and host arrangements take them in new directions that are significantly distinct from their Ph.D. research and forge new connections within the University. Harvard candidates should not propose to continue to work with the same professors or groups with whom they are currently associated, nor should their proposal be an extenuation of their current work.
- Interdisciplinary research projects are encouraged, although this is not a requirement for the fellowship, and candidates with interests in a single discipline are also encouraged to apply.
- Host’s commitment: Further important considerations are the host faculty member’s enthusiasm for the proposed project and fellow, the host’s ability to mentor the fellow, and his or her ability to provide office space and a productive work environment.
- Interview: A select group of applicants will be asked to further discuss their proposal over video with the selection committee.
How to Apply
The application process of this scholarship changes time to time. As a result we couldn’t come up with any particular application process. But the good news is, every time this scholarship is offered, the scholarship management committee uploads the application steps in PDF format in their official web-page.
That is why, to apply for this scholarship, please visit the official web-page of this scholarship. Here is the link – Official Web-Page