Ho Technical University (HTU) Admission Requirements
Ho Technical University (HTU) Entry Requirements for BTech Degree Programmes
• HND in related field(s) of study with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division)
• Any other equivalent qualification
• Applicants must have at least 1 year relevant industrial experience
Entry Requirements for HND Programmes
a. SSSCE APPLICANTS
i. Six passes (A-D) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics and
ii. At least three (3) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization.
b. WASSCE APPLICANTS
i. Six passes (A1-D7) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and
ii. Must possess a minimum of C6 in any three (3) of the passes relevant to the area of specialization.
c. DBS APPLICANTS
i. Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE Credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least three DBS passes in relevant courses.
d. GBCE AND ABCE APPLICANTS
i. Five (5) GBCE credits including English and Business Mathematics or (2) ABCE passes.
e. TEACHERS’ CERTIFICATE ‘A’ HOLDERS
f. TECHNICAL SCHOOL APPLICANTS
i. Technician Part II OR III certificate holders
ii. Certificate II holders ( Must obtain passes in English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus any three (3) relevant trade courses.
iii. Pre-HND candidates
g. MATURE CANDIDATES
i. Must be at least 25 years old by the time of application.
ii. Must have two (2) years industrial experience.
iii. Must pass a written aptitude test (English, Mathematics and General paper in the area of specific programme of study)
iv. And/or pass an interview.
h. INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
International applicants may be admitted on the basis of qualifications from their countries for which equivalence shall be determined by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) of Ghana and submitted to Ho Technical University.
Evidence of proficiency in English Language will be required in the case of applicant from non -English speaking countries. International applicants are also requested to acquire Non-Citizens Ghanacard as a pre-requisite for admission. International applicants who fail to provide evidence of having acquired this card will not have their applications processed.
ONLINE ADMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
(a) Ghanaian applicants
1. Go to http://admisions.htu.edu.gh on the internet after you purchase the Ho Technical University admission e-voucher.
2. Log on to the Online Admissions System with the E-Voucher Number and PIN
3. Follow steps on the Online Admission system to complete your application.
4. On completing and submission of your online application, an envelope number will be generated automatically for you
(b) International Applicants
International Applicants can only purchase the e-voucher online using Visa Credit/Debit Card at https://admissions.htu.edu.gh/evoucher