How To Hack WiFi By Finding Free Wi-Fi
Visit a location that offers free Wi-Fi. While you may need to fulfill a prerequisite (e.g., being a member or purchasing a beverage), you can usually obtain free Wi-Fi from the following types of business:
- Starbucks (and other coffee shops)
- Public libraries
- Fast food restaurants
- Truck stops
Use a Wi-Fi hotspot finder. There are several apps that you can download for the iPhone and Android that will display free, open network connections on a map using your location.
- “WeFi” and “WiFi Map” are highly reviewed apps that are available for both iPhones and Androids.
Book hotel stays directly through hotel services. Most major hotels will include free Wi-Fi as a perk if you book your room through the hotel’s official site or over the phone.
- Some hotels still won’t provide free Wi-Fi for guests who book through them, though you may be able to get free Wi-Fi by signing up for these hotels’ loyalty programs.
Look for wireless hotspots from your cable provider. If you pay for cable, you may be able to use your login details to access free wireless hotspots around town.
- Cable providers known for this service include Time Warner Cable and Comcast.
- You can check out your provider’s hotspot locations in your area by visiting their website.
Search for unprotected networks. If you’re in an urban area and you aren’t able to visit a coffee shop or a restaurant, you may be able to find an unprotected–and, thus, accessible–network in your phone’s or computer’s available networks.
- Unprotected networks should be used carefully since any data accessed while using them may be stolen.