How To Hack WiFi By Finding Free Wi-Fi
- Visit a location that offers free Wi-Fi. While you may need to fulfill a prerequisite (e.g., being a member or purchasing a beverage), you can usually obtain free Wi-Fi from the following types of business:
- Starbucks (and other coffee shops)
- Public libraries
- Fast food restaurants
- Truck stops
- Use a Wi-Fi hotspot finder. There are several apps that you can download for the iPhone and Android that will display free, open network connections on a map using your location.
- “WeFi” and “WiFi Map” are highly reviewed apps that are available for both iPhones and Androids.
- Book hotel stays directly through hotel services. Most major hotels will include free Wi-Fi as a perk if you book your room through the hotel’s official site or over the phone.
- Some hotels still won’t provide free Wi-Fi for guests who book through them, though you may be able to get free Wi-Fi by signing up for these hotels’ loyalty programs.
- Look for wireless hotspots from your cable provider. If you pay for cable, you may be able to use your login details to access free wireless hotspots around town.
- Cable providers known for this service include Time Warner Cable and Comcast.
- You can check out your provider’s hotspot locations in your area by visiting their website.
- Search for unprotected networks. If you’re in an urban area and you aren’t able to visit a coffee shop or a restaurant, you may be able to find an unprotected–and, thus, accessible–network in your phone’s or computer’s available networks.
- Unprotected networks should be used carefully since any data accessed while using them may be stolen.