How To Make Your Body Look Younger
Maintain healthy teeth. Good teeth can immediately make you look younger and more attractive. Make sure you have a good tooth-care routine, this should include brushing, flossing and using mouth wash. If your teeth aren’t white enough, or if you have problems with your teeth, go to your dentist for advice. You could have professional whitening, or if you have problems such as decay, wonky teeth or stained teeth you could get these things treated.
- There are also over the counter whitening products which can also be effective, although you might want to talk to your dentist for advice beforehand.
- Teeth can give away your real age more than any other part of your body, so start early with your total teeth care routine.
Cover up your greys. This isn’t for everyone, as some people love to rock their grey or peppery hair. However, many people want to get rid of grey hair, and there are many hair dyes on the market that can tackle it. It’s best to choose a color that is fairly similar to what your natural hair color was so that it appears more natural. You could choose to get your hair dyed at a salon, or you could choose the cheaper option and buy an at-home hair dying kit. You must remember, however, that all hair dye is damaging to the hair, so avoid dying it too often, and use products designed to care for damaged or dyed hair.
- As a way of avoiding dying your hair too often, you can apply hair dye primarily to the roots where your real hair color is showing, leave it there for longer, and then work the rest through the hair for the last few minutes. Another alternative is to buy root touch-up kits that match the hair dye you used.
- Women should consider getting highlights along with dying their hair, to add a softer edge to their new look.
- Try using natural or organic hair dyes free from harmful chemicals. You will have better hair and it will be better.
Update your hairstyle. Have you been rocking “The Rachel” for the last twenty years? If so, then you’re overdue for a trendier haircut that can make the most of your youthful face and features. Check out some stylish magazines or even some celebrity gossip magazines and see what hairstyles are popular these days. You don’t have to go for something ultra-trendy if that’s not your thing, but getting a haircut that suits you better than your old one can make you look a decade younger. Here are some things to consider when you go for a new haircut:
- Consider getting bangs if you have a larger forehead and if they fit your face shape. They will make you look more youthful.
- Layers can also take years off the age you look. They’ll make your hair look more textured, airy, and voluminous, and will get rid of that flat, stringy look your hair might be suffering from.
- Chop off your hair so it frames your face and falls above your shoulders. Cutting a few inches off your hair will make you look years younger. Just make sure you don’t cut it too short so you end up looking like you’re rocking the Grandma look.
- Let your hair grow out just a bit so your features look less harsh. But don’t let your hair get too shaggy or you’ll look a bit more haggard and old.
- If you’re going bald, consider shaving your head. This will make you look younger — and sexier — instead of just letting your bald spot show.
Dress for your age and body shape. Wearing clothes that flatter your figure can make you instantly look slimmer and more trendy, without having to try too hard. This applies to men as well, although men’s’ body shapes have less variety than women’s body shapes. You won’t look any younger if you dress like a person half your age; in fact, this may make you look even older. Instead, focus on clothing that is right for you.
- Women don’t need to show additional cleavage to look younger; instead, wear flattering shirts that emphasize your best features without calling too much attention to your chest.
- If you’ve been wearing the same things for the past decade, it’s time to update your wardrobe. If you don’t know what to buy, try asking a friend or family member with good style to go to some shops with you, or if you are uncomfortable doing this, have a look in magazines and see what kinds of things you like on models in there and see how you can apply it to yourself.
- If you are still unsure, either go to a shop and ask a sales assistant for advice, or just go and pick up all the items of clothing you like the look of, even if you think they might not suit you, take them to the changing rooms and have fun trying new things. Eventually you’ll be pleasantly surprised with something and will have something new and fresh.
Wear bright colors. Bright colors will make you look more youthful, fun, and vibrant. Wearing vibrant colors will also make you feel more youthful and energetic. Get rid of all of those black, gray, and neutral-toned clothes and spice up your wardrobe with some red, orange, green, and other festive colors. Though black and darker colors may be slimming, they also make you look a bit older than you really are.
- You don’t have to get rid of your darker colored clothes completely. But if you do wear a black shirt, for example, spice it up with a colorful tie or a bright piece of jewelry.
Accessorize correctly (for women). Women should put away those matching necklace and earring sets that make them look dignified, but a bit older, in favor of trendier jewelry. You’ll look a lot younger if you have cute, stylish earrings instead of wearing that matching pear earring and necklace set you love so much. Women who wear colorful rings are also said to look younger, because the rings add some spice to their outfit.
- Additionally, it helps to get manicures and pedicures regularly. This extra hand maintenance will make you look even younger.
Wear pink grapefruit-scented perfume (for women). Studies show that wearing pink-grapefruit scented perfume — or even lotion — makes women give off a younger vibe than any other scent. Don’t overdo it, of course, but just a dab behind the ears can work wonders.
Stay hydrated. Drink at least 10 8 oz. glasses of water and you will help keep your skin moist and will continue to look as fresh and young as can be. Hydrating will keep your insides healthy and will make you not only feel better, but look healthy on the outside. Make drinking water a regular part of your daily routine. Don’t just drink it with meals, but make sure to have a glass every hour or two, even if you’re not feeling particularly thirsty.
- You don’t have to over-hydrate, but make a point of drinking enough water to stay healthy and look young.
Exercise. This can be difficult, some people are too busy, unsure of what to do or think they are too unfit to start exercise. However, even small but regular amounts of exercise will help to keep you energetic and lively, which won’t only keep you looking young, but will keep you feeling young too! Combine this with a healthy, well balanced dietand you’ll be in better health for longer, have more energy and prevent illnesses which can add years onto your appearance.
- Make a goal of exercising for at least 30 minutes a day.
- If it’s really hard to work exercising into your daily routine, aim to walk as much as you can. Walk to the grocery store for 20 minutes instead of driving, walk when you’re chatting on the phone with your friends, or just try to walk for at least two hours a week.
- Though staying in shape is important, losing weight drastically or yo-yo dieting may make you suddenly lose a lot of weight, but it can actually make you look older. Losing weight quickly can make your facial and neck skin look a bit saggy, so it’s better to take things in moderation and lose weight gradually. Low-carb, high-fat diets can actually assist with weight loss.
- Some great exercises for older people include yoga, Pilates, biking, easy hiking, and tennis.
Eat food that makes you look younger. Though there is no one magical food that will take ten years off your face, there are some foods you can eat regularly that can make you look and feel more youthful. Here are some foods that you should incorporate into your diet if you haven’t already:
- Oranges. The vitamin C in this delicious fruit is guaranteed to make you feel younger.
- Broccoli. This vegetable has vitamin C and properties that help keep your liver strong.
- Low-fat yogurt. It can help your skin and give you the calcium you need for healthy teeth.
- Berries. The antioxidants in any kind of berry can help keep your skin fresh.
- Sweet potatoes. These are great for your complexion and hair.
- Carrots. These are another fantastic food for your skin.