How To Use Black Seed
How to use:
- Eat black seeds plain;
- Eat a teaspoon of black seed mixed with honey;
- Boil black seed with water. Strain and drink;
- Heat black seed and warm milk until it just begins to boil. Remove from heat. Cool, then drink;
- Grind black seed and swallow it with water or milk;
- Sprinkle on bread and pastries;
- Burn black seed with bukhoor (incense) for a pleasant scent.
In the kitchen: Black seed is aromatic with a slight peppery flavor. It is one of the distinct flavors of Arab pastries. It is often sprinkled on breads and cheese. It is heated with milk for flavor. It is eaten ground with honey or with cakes and pastries.
Remedies across Arabia: In Arabia, black seed remains a traditional remedy for millions and is used to beautify skin and nourish hair.