How to use Snapchat Lenses
A Snapchat lens is an effect applied directly to the faces in the Snap. Unlike the creative tools and filters, which you apply after taking the Snap, you apply Snapchat lenses before you tap the capture button. Here’s how.
- Point the camera at your face (with the selfie camera) or a friend’s face (with the front-facing camera). You can include multiple people in your Snap if you choose.
- Tap on one of the faces on the screen. Lenses will pop up at the bottom.
- Scroll through the available lenses to preview the effects.
- Some lenses have prompts like “open your mouth” or “raise your eyebrows.” Once you follow the prompt, your Snap will take on a totally new form.
- Once you find a lens you like, tap the capture button to take a picture or hold down the capture button to take a video.