How To Verify Twitter Account By Verifying Your Phone Number
- Open Twitter. Go to https://twitter.com/ in your browser. This will open your Twitter account page if you’re logged into Twitter.
- If you aren’t logged in, click Log in, then enter your account details (email address/username/phone number, password) and click Log in.
- Click your profile icon. It’s a circular image of your profile picture in the top-right side of the page. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click Settings and privacy. This option is in the drop-down menu. Doing so opens the Settings page.
- Click the Mobile tab. It’s on the left side of the page.
- Enter your phone number. In the text field in the middle of the page, type in your mobile phone number.
- This must be a phone number that can receive text messages.
- If you see a phone number here, your number is already verified.
- Click Continue. It’s a blue button below the phone number text field. Doing so will prompt Twitter to send a verification code to your phone.
- Retrieve your verification code. Open your phone’s Messages section, open the text from Twitter, and note the six-digit code here.
- Enter the verification code. Type the six-digit verification code into the text field in the middle of the Twitter Mobile Settings page.
- Click Activate phone. It’s a blue button below the text field. Doing so will verify your phone number, thus adding the number to your account.
- You can use your phone number to recover your Twitter account if you ever lose access to it.
How To Verify Twitter Account Using General Tips
How To Verify Twitter Account By Removing Tweet Protection
How To Verify Twitter Account By Editing Your Account for Verification