How to view a Snap
Now that you’ve connected with some friends, you need to know how to view the Snaps they send.
- Swipe right from the camera screen to open the Friends screen.
- If friends have sent you Snaps, you’ll see an icon next to their username. Depending on the type of message sent, the icon will vary in color:
- Blue: a message from Chats
- Red: a Snap (or multiple Snaps, which will play in sequence) without audio
- Purple: a Snap (or multiple Snaps, which will play in sequence) with audio (Pro tip: If you’re viewing Snaps in public, turn your media volume off and view them in silence—or wait and watch them later.)
- Tap on the message to open it. If you’ve been sent multiple Snaps from the same friend, you will view them in sequence. The outer ring of the timer shows you how much time is left in the current Snap. Tap once to skip to the next message or swipe down to exit the Snap.
- Replay the Snap. Tap and hold down your friend’s name, then tap the Snap to view it again. Don’t leave the Friends screen, or you won’t be able to replay the Snap.
- Take a screenshot (if you dare). You can take a screenshot of Snaps that people send you (the same way you normally would on your phone). However, the person who sent you the Snap will be notified that you took a screenshot.
Note: You can also set up push notifications on your phone for new Snaps.