JTTC Basic Handtools Course
Course Duration 1 Day
Location Jubilee Technical Training Centre, Takoradi Polytechnic
Who should attend this course and why?
The course should be attended by all personnel required to work with Handtools.
Basic mechanical knowledge would be advantageous.
This course provides knowledge and skills to enable personnel to work to a degree of competency using safe working practices.
To give the team members a basic appreciation of the subjects so that they can assist the craftsmen in a safe and methodical manner whilst building on their training.
At the end of the programme delegates will be able to:
- Use handtools (scriber, centre punches, hammers, chisels, hacksaws, files, spanners, pliers and taps and dies)
- Mark out lengths, breadths and hole centres
- Use nut and bolt locking devices
- Clamp work using a machine vice and clamp
- Appreciate the techniques used to drill holes
- Produce internal and external screw threads
- Observe safe rules and regulations when using handtools, drills and drilling machines and select the appropriate safety equipment.
Summary of Course Content
- Rough and finish turning
- Lathe tooling
- Parting off
- Operation sequencing
Mode of Delivery / Method of Assessment
A combination of classroom and practical sessions in the workshop. Delegate’s knowledge and understanding would be assessed throughout the day.
Course delegates will receive a JTTC Certificate of Attendance.