JTTC Electrical Safety Course
Course Duration 3 days
Location Jubilee Technical Training Centre, Takoradi Polytechnic
Who should attend this course and why?
This course is aimed at non-electrical personnel who require an awareness of the dangers of Electricity.
This course provides a basic understanding of electrical safety.
To give non-electrical personnel an awareness of possible dangers associated with electricity.
At the end of the course the delegate will:
- Understand the dangers of electricity
- Have an understanding of basic electrical theory
- Use appropriate testing equipment
Summary of Course Content
- The Electricity at Work Regulations
- Electrical testing equipment
- Fuse characteristics
- The safe use of electrical test equipment
- Earthing Methods and bonding
- Safe Systems of Work
Mode of Delivery / Method of Assessment
A combination of classroom delivery and practical demonstrations.
The course will be assessed by a 1 hour written/multi-choice examination.
The course delegate is required to bring Photographic Identification (ie passport). This must be produced prior to the examination.
Successful course delegates will achieve a City & Guilds Certificate.