JTTC Measurement & Control Course
Measurement & Control
Course Duration 5 days
Location Jubilee Technical Training Centre, Takoradi Polytechnic
Who should attend this course and why?
The course is aimed at non-instrument personnel who require a basic understanding of measurement and control.
The course provides a basic introduction to measurement and control techniques, combining theory with practical experience.
To provide a practical understanding of measurement & control techniques as applied to a modern process industry.
At the end of the programme course delegates should be able to:
- Identify types of measurement/control loops from standard drawings.
- Recognise and understand the operation of various level, pressure, flow and temperature elements / instruments.
- Recognise and understand various control valves, trims and their uses.
- Understand control terminology, the components of a basic control loop and how to ‘tune’ a basic control loop.
- Understand the uses of and how to programme a PLC.
- Understand and practice the techniques used for fault finding on instrument control loops.
Summary of Course Content
- P&IDs and other drawings
- Measurement instruments: theory, application and calibration
- Control valves and positioners
- Process control: manual, auto, ratio, cascade, split range, time lags and cycling
- Introduction to PLCs: components, application and programming
- Fault finding strategies – discussion and practice
Mode of Delivery / Method of Assessment
A combination of classroom delivery and practical hands-on in the workshop.
The course will be assessed by a 1 hour multi-choice exam.
Successful course delegates will achieve a City & Guilds Certificate.