KNUST Distance Learning Admission Forms 2023/2024
KNUST Distance Learning Admission Forms 2023/2024. KNUST Distance Learning Admission Form for 2023/2024 Academic year. KNUST Law 2023/2024 Admission Application Updates. KNUST Distance Learning Admission Forms 2023/2024 Sales Points.
KNUST IDL Admission Forms 2023/2024
KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE OF DISTANCE LEARNING (IDL)
SALE OF APPLICATION FORMS FOR 2023/2024 ACADEMIC YEAR
IDL POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
The Institute of Distance Learning, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, wishes to inform prospective applicants and the general public that, Application Forms for Admission to the following Programmes of the University through the Distance Learning Mode for the 2023/2024 Academic Year, are now on Sale. Applicants are requested to CAREFULLY READ the ENTRY REQUIREMENTS before selecting the programme of choice.
- MSc Cyber Security Intelligence and Management
- MSc Security and Justice Administration
- MSc/MPhil Forensic Science
- MSc Management and Human Resource Strategy
- MSc Environmental Resource Management
- MSc Marketing
Entry Requirements For Postgraduate Programmes
1. MSc Cyber Security Intelligence and Management
With the increasing amount of criminal activity taking place on the Internet, cyber security management and intelligence is becoming an important area of study. It is envisaged that the programme will bring out skilled personnel in the Security, Financial and other related Investigative Sectors to combat security threats. The programme has been designed to explain how cyber related crime’s intelligence is collected, analysed and used in practice. The Programme also provides students with the opportunity to enhance their skills on identifying cyber-related frauds prior to its happenings. Among others the, programme therefore aims at “Enhancing the knowledge and skills in understanding financial crimes (money laundering, tax evasion, fraud etc), analysing the financial risk and prevention of financial crime.
- Providing understanding of computer forensic systems, data recovery and preservation of digital evidence
- Understanding the human influence and interactions with digital technologies
- Applicants must have obtained an honours Degree, minimum of 2nd Class Lower division or its equivalent, from a reputable University or Institution of Higher Learning
- Applicants with Postgraduate Diploma in Forensic Science or Cyber-related programmes shall be given exemptions or credits up to the number of courses they have already taken;
- Applicants with Postgraduate Certificate in Forensic Science or Cyber-related programmes shall be given exemptions or credits up to the number of courses they have already taken;
2.MSc in Security and Justice Administration
This course has been designed to meet the increasing demand for enhanced professionalism in the security and justice administration, as many people are now employing specialists to protect their people, assets, information and reputation from risks such as crime, fraud, accidents and protesters. This programme is therefore for people in the corporate, private, international aid, security, police or military sectors who want to enhance their academic and professional knowledge and skills in the area of security and justice administration.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division or its equivalent in ANY discipline.
- Candidates with other masters’ qualifications would be admitted into the programme under special arrangement for MSc degree.
3.MPhil/MSc. Forensic Science
The MSc/MPhil Forensic Science programme is a one/two academic year programme, designed for science degree graduates who want to learn about the balance of science and law appropriate for practicing as forensic scientists.
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division in the following programmes: Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, Pharmacy or Human Biology. Candidates who are already employed in the relevant forensic related areas would be considered for admission.
4. MSc Management and Human Resource Strategy
This programme is aimed at ensuring participants learn the prerequisites of business leadership, critical thinking and analytical skills, reinforced with a thorough grounding in the key principles of business management. By specialising in Management and Human Resource Strategy, participants will gain deeper understanding of how to use an organisation’s best resource, that is, its workforce to achieve its strategic goals and get the very best out of each individual and team.
Participants would also study key perspectives and standpoints on human behaviour, how these behaviours are affected by times of uncertainty and change and what you can do to mitigate
these challenges. This programme is opened to all; it is very ideal for graduates from non- business related programmes who wish to boost their employability by adding fundamental business and management skills to their curriculum vitae, focusing more on Management and Human Resource Strategy.
- Applicants must possess good first degree from any discipline, with at least Second Class (Lower Division) or its equivalent.
- Applicants must in addition have a thorough proficiency in written and spoken English.
5.MSc Environmental Resources Management
Ghana abounds in Natural Resources, which have played important roles in agricultural, industrial and minerals development for ages. The exploitation of these resources however, has created some negative impacts because of poor environmental management practices. As a result, an Environmental Action Plan (EAP) was formulated in an attempt to control the management of land, mineral and water resources among others. The extraction and manufacturing industries today, use expertise from many other disciplines. In view of this, addressing any environmental problems of industry should involve management of land, forest, wild life, water and the right use of chemicals and its abatement on the ecosystems.
- First Class or Second Class (Upper Division) degree or its equivalent in mineral processing, engineering, material science and engineering, architecture, agriculture, renewable natural resources and physical science
- Applicants with Second Class (Lower Division) would be interviewed before admission
- Applicants with some industrial experience have added advantage.
The programme is expected to give participants an in-depth knowledge of marketing from an academic and practitioner’s perspective. It is further expected to enable participants to address marketing challenges in critical and creative ways. The programme is designed to help those from general business or management-related disciplines to develop, enhance and build their capacities to become innovative marketing professionals, who have the ability to lead strategic decisions in the creation of successful products and services. This programme is for graduates from all disciplines, and explores the principles, theoretical concepts and practice of marketing, with a strong emphasis on current thinking and contemporary issues.
- Applicants must possess good first degree from any discipline. with at least Second Class (Lower Division) or its equivalent.
- Applicants must in addition have a thorough proficiency in written and spoken English.
KNUST Distance Learning Admission Forms 2023/2024 (Cost of Application Form (E-Voucher))
- The Postgraduate e-voucher (Including Entrance Examination fees, if any) is GH¢ 250.00 for Ghanaian Applicants and $150.00 for International Applicants. .
- International Applicants should deposit $150.00 into KNUST-IDL Forex Account at ECOBANK, Harper Road, Adum, Kumasi, with Account No. 0212084428505401. Then, Call IDL Office on 054 020 6262 for the e-voucher.
KNUST Distance Learning Admission Forms 2023/2024 (How to Apply)
Applicants SHOULD Carefully Read All the Following Instructions To The End Before
Starting The Application Process.
- All Postgraduate and Postgraduate Diploma Applicants should Purchase Online Application e-voucher from Ecobank, GCB, Republic Bank or UniBank, and APPLY ONLINE. Applicants should follow carefully the instructions on the e-voucher.
- Application e-voucher can also be purchased by Bankers Draft from any bank, and submit the same to any of the following IDL Learning Centres for their e-voucher and then apply online.
♦KUMASI– The Office of the Director, Institute of Distance Learning, Caseley Hayford, KNUST Campus, Tel 024 727 4661 or 032 249 1138 or 050 048 2885.♦ACCRA– Old KNUST Guest House near ECO-BANK Head Quarters; contact Michael on Tel. 050 048 2875 or KNUST Accra City Campus, Kwabenya; contact Luke on Tel: 054 692 4824 .♦SUNYANI– Univ. of Energy and Natural Resources. Contact Mr. Alfred Appiah on Tel: 050 048 2877
♦TECHIMAN-BACCSOD Techiman Branch Office, Contact Mr. Toura on 020 578 2024
♦HO– Ho Polytechnic, Volta Region, Contact: Mr. Elvis Emmanuel Aboagye, Tel 050 048 2873
♦TAKORADI– Takoradi Polytechnic, Contact: Mr. Opintan-Baah, Tel 050 048 2883
♦KOFORIDUA– Gratis Foundation; Contact Fedelia 020 937 7707
♦TAMALE– Tamale Polytechnic, Contact Dr. Abubakari Abdul-Razak, Tel. 0500482879
♦BOLGATANGA– Bolga Secondary School, Contact Mr. Zoogah Mukasa, Tel. 050 048 2880/020 828 8666
♦WA Centre: Jihann Training College, Contact Mr. Dominic Wanaa, Tel. 050 048 2878
♦TARKWA, Contact Mr. Kenneth Twumasi on Tel. 0247845460 or 050 126 1054
♦CAPE COAST: Cape Coast Polytechnic, Contact Mr. K. A. Simpson, Tel. 0500482882
♦AKOSOMBO: Mr. Moses A. Korda Tel. 0500482881
- All Applicants SHOULD visit https://apps.knust.edu.gh/admissions and complete an Online Application using the e-voucher provided.
- Two (2) copies of the online application should be printed and posted to The Director, Institute Of Distance Learning, KNUST-Kumasi, Ghana together with all relevant certificates and other required documents.
- All Postgraduate Applicants Must Include In Their Application Forms Certified True Copies of Their Certificates and 2 Referees’ Report.
- Applicants Must Ensure That They Purchase Distance Learning Forms and NOT Regular KNUST Forms To Avoid Complication.
- Only Results And/Or Documents Provided By Applicants At The Time Of Submission Of Their Applications Shall Be Considered.
- The COMPLETED ONLINE FORMS should be printed and posted using EMS envelope and should reach: The Director, Institute Of Distance Learning, KNUST-Kumasi, Ghana by MONDAY, 16TH JULY, 2022
- PLEASE NOTE: Programmes would be mounted depending on the number of qualified applicants and at only centres with the requisite number of qualified applicants. (please contact IDL office for details)
- Facilitation may be a blend of online and face-to-face sessions on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) at the proposed Centres mentioned above.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION and in depth knowledge about the Programmes, VISIT idl.knust.edu.gh Or CALL 024 727 4661 or 050 048 2885