Koforidua Technical University Admission Requirements for Diploma & Other Programs
C. TERTIARY DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
1. Diploma in Public Administration Morning, Evening and Weekend
Koforidua Technical University (KTU) ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR DIPLOMA IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
• Five (5) SSCE/WASSCE passes (Including English Language and Mathematics) or
• Five (5) GCE O-Level passes (Including English Language and Mathematics) or
• Five (5) GBCE (RSA II) passes (Including English Language and Mathematics) or
• Mature Applicants must be twenty-five (25) years old and must show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is twenty-five (25) years old at the time of application. And must pass a written test in English Language, Mathematics and General Knowledge to be conducted by the Koforidua Technical University.
D. NON TERTIARY PROGRAMMES
i. Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) (Accounting Option) Morning/Evening
ii. Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) (Secretaryship Option) Morning/Evening
iii. Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) (Management Option) Morning only
iv. Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) (Marketing Option) Morning/Evening
v. Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) (Purch. & Supply Option) Morning/Evening
vi. Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) (Banking & Finance) Morning only
vii. Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) (Entrepreneurship) Morning only
viii. Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) (Statistics) Morning only
ix. Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) (Information Technology) Morning only
x. EET Part I, II & III Morning only
xi. MVT Part I, II & III Morning only
xii. Certificate II in Fashion Design and Textiles* Morning only
xiii. Advanced Fashion Design and Textiles Morning only
xiv. Catering Certificate II (formerly Cookery 812/1)* Morning only
xv. Cookery 812/2 Morning only
xvi. CISCO Morning and Weekend only xvii. CTC Part I, II &III Morning only
xvii. CTC Part I, II &III
1. DBS–(Accounting/ Management/Marketing/Purchasing & Supply/ Entrepreneurship/ Secretarial Options)
• Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE passes (including English and Mathematics) Or
• Four (4) GCE O-Level passes (including English Language and Mathematics) Or
• Four (4) GBCE (RSA II) passes (including English Language & Business Mathematics) Or
• NACVET/NVTI Typist/ 2 or 3 passes in Stenographer Certificate (for Secretarial option)
2. DBS–(Statistics and Information Technology Options)
• Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE passes (including English, Mathematics plus elective Mathematics or Physics) Or
• Four (4) GCE O-Level passes (including English Language and Mathematics, additional Mathematics or Physics)
3. Certificate II in Fashion Design and Textiles:-2-Years
• Passes in SSSCE/WASSCE/GBCE/’O’ Level subjects.
• N.V.T.I Fashion Certificate Grade I or Grade II or equivalent.
• JHS Graduates with knowledge and skills in Dressmaking
4. Advanced Fashion Design and Textiles:-2-Year
• Holders of City and Guilds Certificate in Fashion & Designing (Dressmaking and Tailoring) Or
• Intermediate Dressmaking/Fashion Certificate plus at least one (1) year relevant practical experience Or
• Four (4) passes in SSSCE/WASSCE subjects including English Language, Mathematics and any other elective subjects plus basic knowledge and skills in Dressmaking Or
• Four (4) passes in GCE ‘O’ Level including English Language Mathematics plus knowledge in Dressmaking.
5. Construction Technician Certificate (CTC) Part I
• Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE passes including English, Mathematics and Technical Drawing.
• Technical Construction option Subjects: Craft (B/C, C/J, P/D, and Plumbing) and Advanced (B/C, C/J, P/D, and Plumbing.)
• Passes in General Course in Construction (GCC)
6. Mechanical Engineering Technician (MET) Part I
• Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE passes including English, Mathematics and Science
• Technical Option Subjects :Engineering Crafts, Intermediate General Engineering (GE), MECP
• Technical Option Subjects: MVM, Intermediate General Engineering (GE)
7. Electrical Engineering Technician (EET) Part I
• Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE passes including English, Mathematics and Science and any two of the following – Applied Electricity/Electronics, Physics, Mathematics.
8. Catering Certificate II (formerly Cookery 812/1)- 2years
• Passes in relevant SSSCE/WASSCE/GBCE/ GCE O-Level subjects.
• NVTI Grade II or JHS Certificate with working experience.
9. COOKERY 812/2
• Holders of Cookery 812/1
• Passes in English and Mathematics
• Passes in WAEC,ABCE (IT), GBCE (IT)
• Basic knowledge in computer application
• Any higher qualification(s) than above
E. ACCESS COURSE /PRE-HND PROGRAMME
The National Board for Professional and Technicians Examinations (NABPTEX) has designed an access course for Technical/Vocational Institute graduates into HND Programmes. NABPTEX will conduct a final external examination after which successful applicants shall proceed to enroll in the under listed HND PROGRAMMES:
• Automotive Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Electrical/Electronics Engineering
• Renewable Energy Systems Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Building Technology
• Hospitality Management
Duration – One (1) academic year (i.e. Two (2) semesters of 16 weeks per semester)
Note: Candidates would be required to obtain at least 50% in each of the three (3) subjects namely: English Language, Mathematics and Science.
i. Applicants must have a minimum of Craft Course. Or
ii. Applicants must have MET I, MVT I and EET I or its equivalent. Or
iii. Applicants should have a minimum qualification of Intermediate or Craft Certificate or its equivalent from a recognized examinations body. With regards to Hospitality Management, applicants must have Cookery 812/2.
F. PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMMES
The University has re-introduced the following professional programmes to be run on WEEKENDS on the main campus of the polytechnic.
• ICA (Ghana) :-Levels I – III
• ACCA (UK) :-F I – P5
• CIB (Ghana) :-Levels I – IV
• CIPS (UK) :- Levels I – VI
To qualify to write any of the professional examinations above, the candidate SHOULD first register as a student of an appropriate professional body.
Entry Requirements: The basic educational qualifications include:
• PART I:
5 GCE ‘O’ Level credits or 5 RSA II or 5 GBCE or
5 WASSCE/SSSCE passes including English Language and Mathematics. PLUS any of the following:
• 3 ‘A’ Level passes with at least a grade ‘D’ in one subject excluding General Paper Or
• 3 RSA III Or LCCI III or 3 ABCE or DBS in relevant subject areas Or
• HND in relevant subject areas Or
• Post- Secondary Certificate Or
i. A very good first degree in a relevant subject area from a recognized tertiary institution Or
ii. 6 Passes at WASSCE with at least aggregate 20 including English and Mathematics
iii. A Masters degree in a relevant subject area from a recognized tertiary institution Or
iv. 6 GBCE with at least aggregate 20 and including English and Mathematics
v. Mature Applicants should be 25years of age minimum and must possess the relevant basic academic qualification.
Exemptions may be granted in appropriate papers at Levels I &II to deserving applicants with relevant qualifications.
Study time: Friday 5.30pm – 8.30pm Saturday 6.00am- 5.00pm Sunday 6.00am-2.00pm
Duration: Four (4) months for every level
G) CERTIFICATE PROGRAMME IN SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES – 3 MONTHS (SATURDAYS ONLY)
(i) Applicants with a minimum of Junior High School Certificate
(ii) Mature Applicants must be at least twenty-five (25) years old and must have relevant working experience.