Metropolitan Pensions Trust Insurance Ghana Individual Products
Metropolitan Personal Pensions
Have you wondered if your Tier 2 and 3 pensions would be enough?
Do you desire a happy retirement life
Are you employed in the informal sector
Are you looking for a flexible yet secured and high rewarding retirement plan
Sign onto the Metropolitan Personal Pension Scheme
What is Metropolitan Personal Pension?
The Metropolitan Personal Pension Plan, a Tier 3 Pensions scheme, is a specially designed savings plan for you to make provisions for your retirement.
Whether you have or don’t have a workplace pension, this can be a good way of securing a retirement income.
It is characterized by the following features:
- Individuals that are not in group schemes can save for retirement
- Formal or Informal Organized Groups (Driver’s Association, Market Women Association, Second Hand Dealers etc.) can save for retirement
- Flexible contributions
- Normal Retirement age is 60 years (early/late retirement possible)
- Members can withdraw from the Plan before retirement age subject to Pensions Act and scheme rules
- Minimum contribution amount: 50.00GHC
- No restrictions on contribution amount
- Withdrawal: 50% withdrawal allowed after every 3 years. Full withdrawal allowed only on termination of scheme membership
- Member is paid a lump sum benefits.