National Teaching Council Licensure Examination 2023
National Teaching Council Licensure Examination 2023. The National Teaching Council is mandated by the Education Act 2008 (Act 778), Section 9 to improve professional standing and status of teachers and to license and register teachers in Ghana. The purpose of the Licensing Examination is to enable qualified teachers acquire a professional license; and also attract excellent young graduates from the universities and Colleges of Education who have the required professional knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to deliver effectively in schools.
Eligibility for Licensure Examination
- All teachers who hold the Diploma in Basic Education (DBE), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) or a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) and are desirous of seeking employment with the Ghana Education Service with effect from 1st September, 2023 are required to apply to write the examination. Prospective candidates are to apply on-line at www.exams.ntc.gov.gh and complete the application form for the licensure examination.
- All the above mentioned teachers who completed in 2023 or before 2023 qualify to write the examination at the nearest college of education close to them.
- Please note that newly-trained Diploma Teachers from the Colleges of Education who successfully completed in 2023 will take part in this examination in their respective colleges (except Cambridge, Jackson, Holy Spirit, Christ the Teacher, St. Ambrose, Methodist-Oda and McCoy Colleges of Education whose students/ candidates should choose the nearest college of education close to them to write the examination).
- Prospective candidates are to apply as follows:
- Pay GH¢ 220.00 to any GCB Bank Ltd Branch nationwide
- Take Pin and Serial No. from GCB Bank Ltd
- Log onto www.exams.ntc.gov.gh
- Click on Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination (GTLE) link
- Enter your e-voucher Serial no. and Pin
- Fill in all the fields and remember to upload your passport-size photograph
- Review information provided and submit
- Print Summary of the inputs made
- Candidates should keep their PIN and SERIAL NUMBERS secure after registration for the licensure examination for further use after the examination. Completed application forms should be received online not later than 4th September 2023
Date of Examination
10-12 September 2023
National Teaching Council