Established in 1973, the National Service Scheme (NSS) is a Government of Ghana program under the Ministry of Education of Ghana with a National Secretariat in Accra, and offices in all administrative regions and districts across the country. The scheme is mandated to deploy a pool of skilled manpower drawn primarily from tertiary institutions to support development efforts of both the public and private sectors in Ghana. Although it is citizenry requirement for all Ghanaians who are eighteen years above, it is currently limited to, and mandatory for all Ghanaians graduating from tertiary educational institutions who are not less than eighteen years old. The original intent of deploying freshly graduating youth under the NSS arrangement, is to ensure that priority sectors of our national life are never lacking in the requisite human resources needed for development.CORE OBJECTIVES
- Encourage the spirit of national service among ALL segments of Ghanaian society in the effort of nation -building through active participation.
- Undertake projects designed to combat hunger, illiteracy, disease and unemployment in Ghana.
- Help provide essential services and amenities, particularly in towns and villages of the rural areas of Ghana.
- Develop skilled manpower through practical training.
- Promote national unity and strengthen the bonds of common citizenship among Ghanaians.
National Service Scheme Rules and Regulations
National Service Scheme Allowance
National Service Scheme Act
National Service Scheme Certificate
Check 2020 Ghana National Service Scheme NSS Pin Code
Ghana National Service Scheme NSS Contact Details
Ghana National Service Scheme NSS Enrollment Procedures
NATIONAL SERVICE DEPLOYMENT
The Scheme’s deployment is contingent on provisions of section (3) of Act 426, which directs the scheme to deploy personnel to undertake National Service duties in:
- Local Government
- Rural Development, including surveying, physical planning, civil engineering and rural industries.
- Youth Programmes